Thank you to all 51 people who joined the first MALG Members ‘Friday Forum’ to discuss how we can work together across the credit, debt and money advice sectors to tackle the Coronavirus crisis.
We have had some brilliant feedback on this ‘virtual’ meeting and are already looking forward to this week’s session on Friday 10-11am. It will be great to see even more of you to ensure that we have a good spread of skills and knowledge from across our wide membership. Find out more, including how to join in, here.
Ahead of this week’s session, we are keen to hear what questions and topics you are most in need of support with as the situation unfolds. Please send anything you want to flag up in advance of this week’s forum to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although we did not record or take minutes from the first session in line with MALG’s ethos of promoting open and honest discussion on potentially sensitive and confidential issues, we have been shar
ing some key updates on the ‘latest news’ section of our website (see below) and will continue to do so. Please send anything that you would like us to share to email@example.com.
*As it is Good Friday next week, we’ll be discussing whether to change the day or have a break and will announce this as soon as it is decided. Please let us know your thoughts.*
- Debt charities call for ‘rescue package’ to help household finances cope with COVID-19 https://malg.org.uk/debt-charities-call-for-rescue-package-to-help-household-finances-cope-with-covid-19/
- StepChange’s Debt Awareness Week ‘matters more than ever’ during such uncertain economic times https://malg.org.uk/stepchanges-debt-awareness-week-matters-more-than-ever-during-such-uncertain-economic-times/
- Money and Pensions Service provides financial support during COVID-19 outbreak https://malg.org.uk/money-and-pensions-service-provides-financial-support-during-the-covid-19-outbreak/
- MALG launches new virtual Members ‘Friday Forum’ to facilitate working together during Coronavirus outbreak https://malg.org.uk/malg-launches-new-virtualmembers-friday-forum-to-facilitate-working-together-to-improve-the-lives-of-people-in-debt-during-coronavirus-outbreak/
- COVID-19 update: Self employed income support scheme launched https://malg.org.uk/covid-19-update-self-employed-income-support-scheme-launched/
- CIVEA confirms suspension of enforcement action https://malg.org.uk/civea-confirms-suspension-of-enforcement-action/
- Water companies step up action to help customers in need during Coronavirus crisis https://malg.org.uk/water-companies-step-up-action-to-help-customers-in-need-during-coronavirus-crisis/
- UK to change insolvency rules to protect businesses https://malg.org.uk/uk-to-change-insolvency-rules-to-protect-businesses/
- COVID-19 update: Equifax publishes summary of regulators positions on credit https://malg.org.uk/covid-19-update-equifax-publishes-summary-of-regulators-positions-on-credit/
- Christians Against Poverty asks how the pandemic will affect the UK’s poorest https://malg.org.uk/christians-against-poverty-asks-how-the-pandemic-will-affect-the-uks-poorest/
- Nationwide announces financial support package for those impacted by Coronavirus https://malg.org.uk/nationwide-announces-financial-support-package-for-those-impacted-by-coronavirus/
- Coronavirus – good news about protecting your credit score https://malg.org.uk/coronavirus-good-news-about-protecting-your-credit-score/
- Cross CRA guidance for lenders reporting forbearance during Coronavirus outbreak https://malg.org.uk/cross-cra-guidance-for-lenders-reporting-forbearance-during-coronavirus-outbreak/
- Credit Services Association provides online hub for COVID-19 updates for the debt collection and debt purchase sectors https://malg.org.uk/credit-services-association-provides-online-hub-for-covid-19-updates-for-the-debt-collection-and-debt-purchase-sectors/