The Money Advice Liaison Group (MALG) has been running an annual conference for the debt advice and wider sectors since 1987. Run by a ‘not-for-profit’ organisation, the MALG Conference is unique in that there is no commercial, regulatory, or political agenda and its entire purpose is focused on MALG’s long term aim of ‘working together to improve the lives of people in problem debt’. It is the ‘must attend’ event for anyone who sees this purpose as part of their role, from responsible lenders and collections/enforcement professionals, to grassroots money advisers and policy makers.
MALG Conference 2023 – thank you!
The dust has now settled following MALG Conference 2023 (which was all about ‘The New Demographics of Debt’) and we would like to say another huge thank you to all the speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, team members and more than 220 delegates who made it such a successful and memorable day at Birmingham Repertory Theatre!
We have been blown away by all the feedback we’ve received verbally, on LinkedIn/X, and via email, especially regarding the diversity of and interest in the topics and speakers. If you haven’t already please CLICK HERE to complete this very brief evaluation survey. Your feedback is vital to the future development of our events.
Missed it? You really missed out! Search #malgconf2023 on LinkedIn to catch up on all the action from the day and watch this space for photos/videos and testimonials. You can also still view the programme, speakers, session synopses, and sponsors & exhibitors.
It seems we have a very hard act to follow but, as you will have come to expect from us, the wheels are already in motion for MALG Conference 2024 so keep your eyes peeled for more information!
Previous MALG Conferences
- In 2017, we celebrated our 30th anniversary with a tech-focused, new format event.
- In 2018, we teamed up with the Money & Pensions Service to jointly present the Talk Money Conference 2018, which attracted more than 500 delegates from across the debt and financial capability sectors.
- In 2019, we held our most successful conference yet on the ‘Changing Face of Debt Advice’ with a stellar line-up of speakers and sessions provoking interactive debate and discussion (find out more here).
- In 2020, due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the 2020 conference was replaced with the first ever MALG Virtual Summit, which was attended by 220+ delegates via Zoom and has carved a path for future virtual events of this scale.
- In 2021, we returned to No. 11 Cavendish Square in London for a diversity and inclusion-themed conference. Find links to delegate resources, the evaluation survey and more info here.
- In 2022, we celebrated MALG’s 35th Anniversary with a move outside of London for the first time to the brilliant Birmingham Repertory Theatre. See all the highlights here.