The Money Advice Liaison Group (MALG) has been running an annual conference for the debt advice and wider sectors since 1987. Run by a ‘not-for-profit’ organisation, the MALG Conference is unique in that there is no commercial, regulatory, or political agenda and its entire purpose is focused on MALG’s long term aim of ‘working together to improve the lives of people in problem debt’. It is the ‘must attend’ event for anyone who sees this purpose as part of their role, from responsible lenders and collections/enforcement professionals, to grassroots money advisers and policy makers.
MALG Conference 2024 – SAVE THE DATE!
The MALG Conference 2023 is a hard act to follow but, as you will have come to expect from us, the wheels are already in motion for 2024 and we’re very excited to announce a fantastic new venue in a new location. Keep your eyes peeled for more information soon!
Date: Thursday 7 November 2024.
Venue: Aspire Leeds, 2 Infirmary Street, Leeds, LS1 2JP.
Sponsors and exhibitors already confirmed:
- Angel Advance
- CDER Group
- Dukes Bailiffs
- Lester Aldridge
- Policy in Practice
- PRA Group
Contact email@example.com to enquire about sponsorship and exhibition packages.
Please use the form below to suggest topics and speakers you would like to see at the conference:
Previous MALG Conferences
- In 2017, we celebrated our 30th anniversary with a tech-focused, new format event.
- In 2018, we teamed up with the Money & Pensions Service to jointly present the Talk Money Conference 2018, which attracted more than 500 delegates from across the debt and financial capability sectors.
- In 2019, we held our most successful conference yet on the ‘Changing Face of Debt Advice’ with a stellar line-up of speakers and sessions provoking interactive debate and discussion (find out more here).
- In 2020, due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the 2020 conference was replaced with the first ever MALG Virtual Summit, which was attended by 220+ delegates via Zoom and has carved a path for future virtual events of this scale.
- In 2021, we returned to No. 11 Cavendish Square in London for a diversity and inclusion-themed conference. Find links to delegate resources, the evaluation survey and more info here.
- In 2022, we celebrated MALG’s 35th Anniversary with a move outside of London for the first time to the brilliant Birmingham Repertory Theatre. See all the highlights here.
- The MALG Conference 2023 was our biggest and best yet with a diverse and engaging speaker line up on the hottest topics around ‘The New Demographics of Debt’.