The Money Advice Liaison Group (MALG) has been running an annual conference for the debt advice and wider sectors since 1987. Run by a ‘not-for-profit’ organisation, the MALG Conference is unique in that there is no commercial, regulatory, or political agenda and its entire purpose is focused on MALG’s long term aim of ‘working together to improve the lives of people in problem debt’. It is the ‘must attend’ event for anyone who sees this purpose as part of their role from responsible lenders and debt collection professionals, to grassroots money advisers and policy makers.
MALG Conference 2021
Theme: Leadership, Diversity & Inclusion – read more here.
Date: Thursday 28 October 2021
Programme and speakers: The full programme for the MALG Conference 2021 will be revealed soon but we are delighted to confirm our two keynote speakers, Sheldon Mills, Executive Director, FCA and Caroline Siarkiewicz, CEO, Money and Pensions Service. Session topics will include vulnerability, grants vs loans, debt options, the economy, homlessness, money advice tech, non-inclusive language, and cybersecurity. Watch this space…
Sponsors and exhibitors:
MALG Conference Sponsor and Exhibitor benefits include free delegate places (with potential savings of up to £750); branding on the MALG website and social media channels; and exposure to 200+ delegates from across the debt advice, credit and wider sectors on the day with genuine networking and engagement opportunities with an interactive audience. Sponsoring and exhibiting also demonstrates your organisation’s commitment to supporting MALG as a not-for-profit with the aim of ‘working together to improve the lives of people in debt’.
Exhibition stand prices are as follows:
MALG Member commercial stand: £3,000+VAT
MALG Member non-commercial stand: £1,500+VAT
Non-MALG Member commercial stand: £3,750+VAT
Non-MALG Member non-commercial stand: £1,950+VAT
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book a stand or enquire about bespoke sponsorship packages asap.
- Unrivalled networking and collaborative opportunities
- Opportunity to debate and discuss key challenges and be involved in future joint action to tackle them
- Hear from high profile keynote speakers and choose from breakout streams on all the hottest topics in debt advice and associated sectors
- Explore the latest debt advice solutions from innovative exhibitors
- Be the first to find out about ground-breaking new reports and research
- Benefit from professional development including 4.5 CPD points for money advisers
Delegate places for both members and non-members can be secured by using the booking form below. Please note the substantial savings for our members. If you would like to benefit from the member delegate rate, please head over to our Membership page on the site to gain access to all the application forms. You can book as many places as you like however we do require you to fill in the form for each individual delegate separately and include all details required for invoicing. Please ensure you input the correct email address on all forms as this is the address we will use to confirm your booking.
*After clicking submit, if you don’t see the message saying ‘Thank you for booking your place…’ on screen, please scroll down and check that the form has submitted successfully.*
Previous MALG Conferences
- In 2017, we celebrated our 30th anniversary with a tech-focused, new format event.
- In 2018, we teamed up with the Money & Pensions Service to jointly present the Talk Money Conference 2018, which attracted more than 500 delegates from across the debt and financial capability sectors.
- In 2019, we held our most successful conference yet on the ‘Changing Face of Debt Advice’ with a stellar line-up of speakers and sessions provoking interactive debate and discussion (find out more here).
- In 2020, due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the 2020 conference was replaced with the first ever MALG Virtual Summit, which was attended by 220+ delegates via Zoom and has carved a path for future virtual events of this scale.