The Money Advice Liaison Group (MALG) has been running an annual conference for the debt advice and wider sectors since 1987. Run by a ‘not-for-profit’ organisation, the MALG Conference is unique in that there is no commercial, regulatory, or political agenda and its entire purpose is focused on MALG’s long term aim of ‘working together to improve the lives of people in problem debt’. It is the ‘must attend’ event for anyone who sees this purpose as part of their role, from responsible lenders and collections/enforcement professionals, to grassroots money advisers and policy makers.
MALG Conference 2022 – book now!
Theme: Jaded: How has ‘working together to improve the lives of people in debt’ changed in the last 35 years? (a nod to MALG’s 35th anniversary, which is traditionally celebrated with jade gifts)
We are very pleased to announce that, in its 35th year, the MALG Conference will be held outside of London for the first time at the fantastic Birmingham Repertory Theatre on Thursday 3 November 2022! In response to member feedback and in the light of the cost of living crisis and rising inflation, our aim is to make the Conference as inclusive and accessible to as many people as possible from across the debt landscape, including frontline money advisers.
Delegate bookings are now open using the form below and further details of the programme, and speakers will be announced soon.
Sponsors include Intrum UK Ltd (headline), Dukes Bailiffs, PRA Group, Lantern, and Lester Aldridge and exhibitors confirmed so far include Intrum UK Ltd, Money & Pensions Service, C&R Software, entitledto, and Vulnerability Registration Service, with several more in the pipeline. We have a range of sponsorship and exhibition opportunities still available but there has been a lot of interest – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about how your organisation could benefit.
Previous MALG Conferences
- In 2017, we celebrated our 30th anniversary with a tech-focused, new format event.
- In 2018, we teamed up with the Money & Pensions Service to jointly present the Talk Money Conference 2018, which attracted more than 500 delegates from across the debt and financial capability sectors.
- In 2019, we held our most successful conference yet on the ‘Changing Face of Debt Advice’ with a stellar line-up of speakers and sessions provoking interactive debate and discussion (find out more here).
- In 2020, due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the 2020 conference was replaced with the first ever MALG Virtual Summit, which was attended by 220+ delegates via Zoom and has carved a path for future virtual events of this scale.
- In 2021, we returned to No. 11 Cavendish Square in London for a diversity and inclusion-themed conference. Find links to delegate resources, the evaluation survey and more info here.