|Hello to all our MALG Members and contacts,
The all-new MALG Virtual Connect will take place one month today during #DebtAwarenessWeek 2021! If you haven’t already booked your place, now is the time to do it!
We’ve taken on board all your feedback from the MALG Virtual Summit in October 2020 and we have designed the agenda to include plenty of time for networking, interactive discussions and debates that we have all missed over the last year.
Here’s the programme so far:
08:45 – 09:00 Room opens to admit participants
09:00 – 09:10 Welcome and informal networking
09:10 – 09:30 Networking Ice breaker
09:30 – 09:45 Introduction to the MALG Virtual Connect and overview of the event, Bob Winnington, Chief Executive Officer, MALG
09:45 – 09:50 Housekeeping/IT and explanation of how the event will run
09:50 – 10:20 Keynote presentation: Maximising and Measuring Social Value in 2021, Ben Carpenter, CEO, Social Value International
The session will cover: What is social value? The ‘triple bottom line’. How focusing on and measuring social value can help those that are most vulnerable and create a better society overall.
10:20 – 11:00 Panel session: Social Value and the Debt Landscape, Chaired by Ben Carpenter, CEO, Social Value International with panellists:
- Chris Leslie, CEO, Credit Services Association
- others tbc
11:00 – 11:30 Comfort Break / Networking Time
11:30 – 12:30 Morning Breakout Sessions (choice of 2):
- Breathing Space: Implementation
- Victoria Page-Franklin, Insolvency Service
- Managing the post Covid-19 ‘Debt Tsunami’
- Sara Little, Money and Pensions Service
- Richard Lane, StepChange Debt Charity
- Nicki Bond, Money and Mental Health Policy Institute
- other speaker tbc
12:30 – 13:30 Lunchtime, Learning & Networking Opportunities: Grab your lunch and join in on a choice of:
- 12:45 – 13:30 Room 1: Open networking
- 12:45 – 13:30 Room 2: Money Mindset Masterclass with Lisa Michaels, Intuitive Life, helping you understand your emotional wellbeing around money
13:30 – 14:30 Afternoon Breakout Sessions (choice of 2)
- Vulnerability: Translating the FCA’s expectations into outcomes
- Chris Fitch, Money Advice Trust
- Insolvency options: How does the IVA market need to change?
14:30 – 15:00 Event Round-up discussion led by:
- Sebrina McCullough, MALG Conference Committee Chair, Financial Wellness Group
Delegate ticket prices are as follows:
- MALG Member commercial delegate: £95+VAT
- MALG Member not-for-profit delegate: £55+VAT
- Non-MALG Member commercial delegate: £125+VAT
- Non-MALG Member not-for-profit delegate: £85+VAT
Please note all invoices will be issued via our new accounting platform, Xero and after a number of requests we have also enabled an online payments option for convenience.
We are delighted to have received sponsorship for this event, and would like to thank the sponsors for their continued support to MALG. They are: Intrum, CDER Group, Dukes Bailiffs, Computershare, and Lester Aldrige.
Should your organisation be interested in sponsoring any of the individual sessions above, please contact bob.winnington.malg.org.uk.