|MALG Conference 2022 – outline programme revealed!
The MALG Conference 2022 on 3 November at the Birmingham Repertory Theatre (the theme for which is ‘Jaded: How has working together to improve the lives of people in debt changed in the last 35 years?‘ – a nod to MALG’s 35th anniversary, which is traditionally celebrated with jade gifts) is our first ever conference outside London and is set to be our best and most inclusive yet. We are looking forward to welcoming an even wider variety of people from across the whole debt and credit landscape! Bookings are already coming in thick and fast and we are now pleased to announce the outline programme which includes sessions entitled:
- Statutory Debt Repayment Plan (SDRP) and the future of debt solutions
- Mission Impossible: Too much Month at the end of the Money
- The future of debt advice funding
- The Big Debate: Coercive debt and economic abuse
- Looking back, looking ahead: 35 years of lending, collections and debt advice
- Spotlight on challenges facing Local Government: Pandemic and beyond
- Small businesses in financial distress: A ‘cocktail of threats’
Thanks to our speakers confirmed so far including Karl Handscomb of Resolution Foundation, Peter Tutton of StepChange, Lex Jones of Registry Trust, Gareth McNab of Christians Against Poverty, Peter Wallwork of Trustfolio and Arvato, Paul Bowden of Wilkin Chapman LLP, Jonathan Woodward of Birmingham City Council, Mark Fearn of Walsall Council, UK Small Business Commissioner Liz Barclay, an James Blackman of Cocoonfxmedia Ltd.
Sponsors include Intrum UK Ltd (headline), Dukes Bailiffs, CDER Group, Registry Trust, PRA Group, Lantern, and Lester Aldridge and exhibitors confirmed so far include Intrum UK Ltd, Experian, Money & Pensions Service, Financial Wellness Group, C&R Software, entitledto, Vulnerability Registration Service, Christians Against Poverty, oneSource Debt Resolution Services Welfare Team, and JT Maxwell, with several more in the pipeline. We have a range of sponsorship and exhibition opportunities still available but there has been a lot of interest – please contact email@example.com to enquire about how your organisation could benefit.
Delegate ticket prices have been set in response to member feedback and in the light of the cost of living crisis and rising inflation, to make the event as inclusive and accessible to as many people as possible:
- MALG Member Commercial Delegate: £275+VAT
- Non-MALG Member Commercial Delegate: £355+VAT
- MALG Member Not-for-Profit Delegate: £95+VAT
- Non-MALG Member Not-for-Profit Delegate: £175+VAT