UK debt help and anti-poverty charity Christians Against Poverty’s (CAP) has released its latest YouGov polling of over 2,000 UK adults revealing that the cost of living crisis is leading to a rise in people unable to cope with unexpected costs.
It found that, as a result of the cost of living crisis:
- 28% of UK adults (14.7 million) are skipping meals because of costs.
- 1 in 10 (13%) are going without electricity or gas at least monthly.
- 35% of UK adults (18.4 million) are losing sleep on at least a monthly basis.
- 28% of UK adults (14.9 million) feel financially insecure.
- 28% of UK adults (14.9 million) are finding keeping up with bills and credit commitments a heavy burden.
- 9% now have debts that they do not know how they will repay.
CAP’s Director of External Affairs, Gareth McNab, says: “Millions of households in the UK are facing a devastating debt crisis right now.”