MALG National Members Meeting this Thursday
If you are a National Member and have not yet registered for this week’s virtual National Members Meeting on 9 February 2023, please do so asap in order to receive the joining instructions on Tuesday. Invitations have been emailed out, if you have not received or have any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The agenda is as follows:
- 10:15 -10:30: Arrival and Networking
- 10:30 -10:45: Welcome to all, guests and new representatives – Bob Winnington, CEO – MALG
- 10.45 – 11.30: A Collaborative Approach – Emma Gibbons, Vulnerability Lead – PayPlan and Raminta Diliso, Financial Harm Manager – GamCare
- 11.30 – 12.00: Near Miss Loans – Cath Wohlers, LIAISE Manager, and Trish Cassidy – England Illegal Money Lending Team
- 12.00 – 12.10: Comfort Break
- 12.10 – 12.40: Experian Support Hub Update – Paul Lamont, Product Director, Consumer Information Services – Experian
- 12.40 – 12.45: Summary, AOB and Close
In preparation for the England Illegal Money Lending Team session, please could all advisers (regardless of which they have had experience with it or not) complete the Centre for Social Justice survey into illegal lending and debt advice, which we shared last month here if you haven’t already. It will take around 10 minutes to complete and closes at 8pm on Thursday. Respondents are entered into a prize draw to win one of four £50 vouchers. The results will shape training and support for the sector.
With so many new MALG Members on board, our quarterly National Members Meetings are set to get even bigger and better so make sure you’re taking advantage of this free Member benefit – or find out about joining MALG if you’re not already a Member. Following the Conference feedback survey we are aware that there are some key topics people are keen to hear more about this year, please let us know if you have other suggestions for topics and speakers by using the form on this page of our website.
Future National Members Meeting dates:
- 11 May (London Transport Museum, sponsored by MALG Member CDER Group)
- 13 July (No.6 Alie Street, London, E1 8AN)
- 21 September (via Zoom)