MALG Conference 2019 Programme: ‘The Changing Face of Debt Advice’
24 October 2019, 11 Cavendish Square, London
09.00 Registration, coffee and exhibition
10.00 Welcome from MALG Chair Liz Barclay
10.10 Keynote speaker: Anna Laycock, CEO, Finance Innovation Lab
10.30 Keynote speaker: Caroline Siarkowicz, CEO, Money & Pensions Service (Coordinating the debt advice sector to meet ever increasing demands)
10.40 BREAKING NEWS
- Money & Pensions Service ‘No Show’ Report
- Others tbc
11.00 Networking break
11.30 Breakout Sessions 1
- Breakout 1a: Competition v Collaboration. Speakers – Anna Hall (Head of Money Advice at Citizens Advice), Christopher Quince (Head of Consumer Affairs at Barclays), others tbc.
- Breakout 1b: How do we deal with deficit budgets? Speakers tbc.
- Breakout 1c: Cabinet Office: Tackling Problem Debt. Facilitator – Kevin Shaw (Money & Pensions Service). Speakers – Ivan O’Brien (National Audit Office), Steven Coppard (Cabinet Office).
13.30 The Big Debate: Delivering a sustainable funding model for debt/money advice
- Facilitator – Francis McGhee (Money & Pensions Service)
- Panelists – Vicki Brownrigg (StepChange Debt Charity), others tbc
14.15 Breakout Sessions 2
- Breakout 2a: Open Banking. Facilitator – Bob Winnington (Money Advice Liaison Group). Speakers – Jan Mosiewicz (Digimass), Gareth McNab (Nationwide).
- Breakout 2b: Debt Advice Trailblazer Group. Speakers – Sebrina McCullough (Trailblazer Group Chair/Think Money Group), Martin Keeves (Institute for Apprenticeships), Lydia Drake (Christian’s Against Poverty), Andrew Tupman (StepChange).
- Breakout 2c: Reshaping the Local Authority approach to debt recovery. Facilitator – Craig Simmons (Money & Pensions Service). Speakers – Matt Hartley (Money Advice Trust), Norman Lockie (London Borough of Southwark).
15.30 Networking break
15.50 Keynote speaker: tbc
16.20 MALG Chair Liz Barclay’s closing remarks