The Money Advice Liaison Group (MALG) Conference is held each Autumn in London. It provides members and others working in related fields with an opportunity to network and debate current and future issues in the spirit of ‘working together to improve the lives of people in debt’.
MALG Conference 2017 #malgconf
Date/time: Monday 27th November, 8.45am-5.30pm.
Venue: 30 Euston Square, London, NW1 2FB.
Theme: Shaping the future of money advice.
Delegate rates: £145 for not-for-profit money advisers, £290 for all other delegates. Book your place online now!
The MALG Conference has traditionally been held at an academic venue with a programme designed for ‘grassroots’ money advisers. For its 30th anniversary in 2017, MALG is ‘shaking things up’ with a new look, new format and new venue. This will make it into a more interactive event that pulls together all the threads of the customer journey from the prevention to the cure of problem debt.
MALG Chair and Chair of the conference Liz Barclay: “I’d like this year’s conference to be a game-changer: to ‘disrupt’ current approaches and make people think. I want to say to our members – you are thinking about next year when you should be thinking 5-10 years hence – or we’ll always be behind the curve. We should be working together to come up with appropriate solutions for the longer term.”
The conference will feature:
- Inspirational keynote speakers from outside the sector who are leading thinkers on the key issues highlighted.
- ‘Choice A’ Breakout Sessions dealing with the ‘here and now’ vs ‘Choice B’ Breakout Sessions looking at how to prepare for 2022.
- Exhibition featuring interactive demonstrations of the latest tools and techniques.
- A delegate list that pulls together all the strands of the money advice journey in one room, including money advisers, creditors, debt collectors, technology providers and others.
Who should attend?
- Money/debt advisers
- Creditors (including utilities and telecoms providers)
- Debt collection professionals
- Enforcement agents
- Government departments
- Local Authorities
- Card providers
- Other sector advice agencies