MALG and DIGIMASS are joining forces to hold a half day virtual fintech event which is open to all and exclusively free to MALG Members!
‘Let an app fill the gap’, which will be held via Zoom on 3 February 2021 9.30am- 12.30pm, will take you on a practical journey of how financial apps can help support consumers who are financially challenged in better managing their finances. Presentations and videos will bring to life the benefits of using apps and how they can support vulnerable people.
The event is aimed at those already working in the fintech space supplying and developing consumer financial health apps, and those that work with consumers in financial difficulty to understand more about the role of fintech in improving financial wellbeing.
- 9.30 – 9.40: Welcome all participants
- 9.40 – 10.10: The Story So Far – a brief overview of the development of digital within the world of debt management, including contributions from Heather O’Rourke of Money Advice Scotland and Jan Mosiewicz of DIGIMASS.
- 10.00 – 10.40: A Journey of Discovery (Part 1) – using a series of short videos we will explore how digital apps are part of our everyday lives and why they can influence our behaviours and deliver support. Includes a Q&A session where panel members (see names/organisations below) will respond to attendee’s questions and comments.
- 10.40 – 10.55: Coffee Break
- 10.55 – 11.25: A Journey of Discovery (Part 2) – a second series of short videos highlighting some of the features, advantages and benefits that apps can deliver. Includes Q&A with panel.
- 11.25 – 11.55: Vulnerability Case Studies – two ‘in their own words’ stories of where financial apps have helped to support vulnerable consumers. Includes Q&A.
- 11.55 – 12.05: Nick Cabrera of Open Futures discusses how a central directory of suppliers can support MALG members who are seeking to engage with FinTechs.
- 12.05 – 12.30: Q&A with recommended follow-up actions and opportunities for all attendees.
Heather O’Rourke – Money Advice Scotland
Jan Mosiewicz – Digimass
Jonathan Corner – Ilumoni
Maysam Rizvi – Elifinty
If you wish to attend, you must book delegate places using the form below in advance, even if you are eligible for a free ticket as a MALG Member. The cost for non-MALG Members is £45. For group booking discount (5 people from the same organisation for £200), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete the form for each individual delegate. Those booking a free ticket do not need to complete the invoice details.