MALG and DIGIMASS joined forces to hold a half day virtual fintech event which was open to all and exclusively free to MALG Members!
‘Let an app fill the gap’, held via Zoom on 3 February 2021 9.30am- 12.30pm, took delegates on a practical journey of how financial apps can help support consumers who are financially challenged in better managing their finances. Presentations and videos brought to life the benefits of using apps and how they can support vulnerable people.
Papers, presentations, and videos from the agenda below will soon be available to those that registered for the event here. You will be sent a password to access them when they are ready.
- 9.30 – 9.40: Welcome all participants
- 9.40 – 10.10: The Story So Far – a brief overview of the development of digital within the world of debt management, including contributions from Heather O’Rourke of Money Advice Scotland and Jan Mosiewicz of DIGIMASS.
- 10.00 – 10.40: A Journey of Discovery (Part 1) – using a series of short videos we will explore how digital apps are part of our everyday lives and why they can influence our behaviours and deliver support. Includes a Q&A session where panel members (see names/organisations below) will respond to attendee’s questions and comments.
- 10.40 – 10.55: Coffee Break
- 10.55 – 11.25: A Journey of Discovery (Part 2) – a second series of short videos highlighting some of the features, advantages and benefits that apps can deliver. Includes Q&A with panel.
- 11.25 – 11.55: Vulnerability Case Studies – two ‘in their own words’ stories of where financial apps have helped to support vulnerable consumers. Includes Q&A.
- 11.55 – 12.05: Nick Cabrera of Open Futures discusses how a central directory of suppliers can support MALG members who are seeking to engage with FinTechs.
- 12.05 – 12.30: Q&A with recommended follow-up actions and opportunities for all attendees.
Heather O’Rourke – Money Advice Scotland
Jan Mosiewicz – Digimass
Jonathan Corner – Ilumoni
Maysam Rizvi – Elifinty