The MALG Midlands Regional Members Meeting is being held virtually on Wednesday 12 July 2023. Invitations will be emailed to all members and they will need to confirm their attendance to secure a place. If you have not received an invite and feel you are eligible to do so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 11:00 – 11:10 Welcome & Introductions
- 11:10 – 11:30 Bob Winnington, MALG CEO – National MALG Update
- 11:30 – 11:45 Co-Chair Updates
- 11:45 – 12:30 James Smith, Research Director, Resolution Foundation. James joined the Foundation as Research Director in October 2018. Prior to this he worked in a range of roles at the Bank of England and in the civil service, leading analysis of macroeconomic issues for policy. His work focuses on wealth, debt and housing as well as leading the Foundation’s work on macro policy. James will be discussing and presenting findings from his recent ‘Food for Thought’ report which covers the role of food prices in the cost of living crisis.
- 12:30 – 13:00 Lou Walker, Break the Cycle Relationship Manager, Shelter. Lou is a Customer Experience Manager within HSBC UK’s Financial Inclusion and Vulnerability team currently on secondment to Shelter. She has pioneered some remarkable projects during her time with HSBC UK, including the Survivor Bank Initiative and the No Fixed Address programme, delivered in partnership with Shelter. Lou will be sharing insights and the experiences people supported by Shelter are facing and discussing future outlook and expectations.