MALG briefing notes were previously issued when a matter of serious concern arises within the industry or important changes occur within legislation or practice that it is believed will affect MALG members. Briefing notes are completely impartial and aim to only state the facts of the situation that have arisen.
The following briefing notes were released by MALG, which some members still find useful for reference:
- Briefing Note 1. Changes to the Legal Aid Scheme – February 2008
- Briefing Note 2. Claims Management Companies July 2009
- Briefing Note 3. The Debt and Mental Health Evidence Form V3
- Briefing Note 4. Appropriate processing of data from individuals with mental health problems April 2013
- Briefing Note 5. Best practice in the use of ‘Flags’ to be placed on the accounts/case files of individuals in vulnerable circumstances who are unable to manage money – April 2016