The MALG South West group was founded in 2019 in response to demand for a forum to bring together key players in the money advice, credit and wider sectors in the region. Members so far include representatives from organisations such as South West Water and Bournemouth Water.
October 2019 meeting:
The group’s Chair, Tina Chapple of South West Water, said: “The meeting was another stepping stone to bringing the region’s creditor and debt advice organisations together to share best practice and challenges, and agree that we are all working towards the same goal by putting the customer at the heart of everything we do. The networking and engagement has enabled us to forge new relationships with debt advice support agencies which will aid our 2020 affordability mentoring programme. The highlight for me was the positive reaction from attendees at the presentation about the role bailiffs play in the water industry, with many being surprised to learn that South West Water only use them as a last resort after some 20 prompts.”
- MALG South West October 2019 meeting – MALG intro
- MALG South West October 2019 meeting – South West Water affordability presentation
- South West Water addressing affordability and vulnerability business paper 2020-2025
- MALG South West October 2019 meeting – StepChange money advice challenges presentation
- MALG South West October 2019 meeting – Andrew Wilson debunking bailiff myths presentation
July 2019 meeting presentations:
- MALG event Wessex Water
- MALG presentation Wessex Water July 19
- MALG Open Banking Presentation 1.2
- Gambling related harm – Citizens Advice an introduction July 19
- Gambling related harm – Dr Jane Rigbye GambleAwards July 2019
A follow-up article from Wessex Water is available HERE.
January 2019 meeting presentations:
- MALG SW Presentation Bournemouth 24.1.19.
- OB4G presentation for GM at malg
- South West Water Presentation 24.1.19.
- What is the FCA – MALG SouthWest Meeting 20190124
- LOQBOX_Presentation – 24.1.19
If you would be interested in joining MALG South West, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
See the events calendar for details of future meetings.