MALG South East meets three times a year in Central London and draws members from the credit and debt collecting sectors, utility companies, government bodies and the advice sector. Individual attendees come from a healthy mix of national and more local organisations.
The group is co-chaired by Bob Kingdon of 1st Credit and Dominic Maxwell of TellJO. The group’s Secretary is Beth Forbes of Aperture. Other committee members include Steve Perring of Cabot Credit Management.
Some of the topics that the group has addressed within the last twelve months include:
- The Tribunal Court and Enforcement Act and its impact on the enforcement industry
- Discussion around best practices for dealing with vulnerable people
- Credit reporting facts and myths and the role of a Credit Reference Agency
- Citizens Advice initial findings with public sector debt collection
- Welfare reform
- Commercial debt management in 2017
- The future of the Insolvency Service
- Thames Water – affordability and priority services
- Debt Pre-Action Protocol
If you would be interested in joining MALG South East, please email email@example.com