MALG South East meets three times a year in Central London and draws members from the credit and debt collecting sectors, utility companies, government bodies and the advice sector. Individual attendees come from a healthy mix of national and more local organisations.
The group is chaired by Bob Kingdon, Compliance Director at 1st Credit and Keith Osborne, Debt Counsellor at Met Police. Other committee members include Beth Forbes, Client Services Manager at Aperture and Steve Perring, Compliance Manager at Cabot Credit Management.
Some of the topics that the group has addressed within the last twelve months include:
- The Tribunal Court and Enforcement Act and its impact on the enforcement industry
- Discussion around best practices for dealing with vulnerable people
- Credit reporting facts and myths and the role of a Credit Reference Agency
- Citizens Advice initial findings with public sector debt collection
- Welfare reform
- Commercial debt management in 2017
- The future of the Insolvency Service
- Thames Water – affordability and priority services
If you would be interested in joining MALG South East, please email firstname.lastname@example.org