MALG South East meets three times a year in Central London and draws members from the credit and debt collecting sectors, utility companies, government bodies and the advice sector. Individual attendees come from a healthy mix of national and more local organisations.
The group is Chaired by Bob Kingdon of Intrum. The group’s Secretary is Beth Forbes of Funding Circle. Other Committee members include Steve Perring of Pollen Street Capital, Paul Bowden of Wilkin Chapman LLP and Gareth McNab of Nationwide Building Society.
Some of the topics that the group has addressed within the last twelve months include:
- The Tribunal Court and Enforcement Act and its impact on the enforcement industry
- Discussion around best practices for dealing with vulnerable people
- Credit reporting facts and myths and the role of a Credit Reference Agency
- Citizens Advice initial findings with public sector debt collection
- Welfare reform
- Commercial debt management in 2017
- The future of the Insolvency Service
- Thames Water – affordability and priority services
- Debt Pre-Action Protocol
Meeting notes and slides from 31 October 2018
If you would be interested in joining MALG South East, please email firstname.lastname@example.org