Membership of MALG Midlands is open to those organisations where their work is relevant supporting and sharing the aims and objectives of MALG overall. New organisations can join via regional or national membership, more details are available on request. We also welcome any interested parties to come as a guest and join us at a meeting to see if it’s for you, please just contact one of the group Chairs or Secretary.
The group is chaired by Vanora McCullagh, Debt Management Operations & Relationship Manager at Lowell Financial email@example.com and Alex Newton, Partnership Manager at Money Advice Trust firstname.lastname@example.org
The group’s secretary is Sebrina McCullough, External Relations Manager at Gregory Pennington email@example.com
Other steering group members are
- Celia Grantham, Senior Money Advisor at Derby Advice
- Jenny Ogden, Partner at Shoosmiths LLP
- Gary Greaves, Financial Inclusion Officer at EMH Homes
- Robert Neil, Client Development Manager at Bristow & Sutor and
- Treasurer Aggie Pacewicz, Creditor Process Improvement Specialist at Gregory Pennington.
MALG Midlands meets three times annually and covers a wide area ranging are from Staffordshire and Lincolnshire in the north to Warwickshire in the south, from Worcestershire in the west to Northamptonshire in the east and anywhere else in between!
Of course we also welcome any organisations with national coverage or another area of the UK, members attend for the content of the meeting as the presentations don’t just relate to local issues. Meetings are usually in Nottingham, Birmingham, Coventry or Grantham at members’ offices.
Some of the topics covered during the last twelve months :
- Debt Advice Funding Review, Peter Wyman report
- Mental Health Awareness and Money Advice
- Vulnerable Customers – identification and understanding
- Updates on changes to Utility Suppliers policies and procedures
- Welfare Benefits Reform
MALG Midlands prides itself on being an inclusive and innovative forum. We include a ‘What’s on Your Mind’ section to our meetings and invite the attendees to suggest topics of interest to them which the steering group will then do their utmost to make happen. It provides an open floor for members to share experience and raise questions on areas of interest and engage all our members in discussions with a Chatham House rules basis.
If you feel you would benefit from joining MALG Midlands we would be delighted to hear from you, please email Sebrina.firstname.lastname@example.org